S.E.O. or (Search Engine Optimization) is how visible your website is on search engines such as Google, Bing or Yahoo.
There are hundreds of factors to help your website rank better, and thousands of companies that sell SEO.
We specialize in small businesses that do not have large online advertising budgets. Our SEO package is simpler, and is geared for smaller markets.
We think “Why should you pay the same price as a company in the Metro Area, to be competitive in a much smaller community?”
What is SEO?
S.E.O. stands for Search Engine Optimization and is basically how easy it is for a customer to find your website using Google, Bing or other search engines.
There are many factors that determine a websites rank on search engines, and these factors change frequently.
There are however, some basics that always factor in:
1) Page Content – Search Engines always try to show the customer the most relevant websites first. If a user is searching for ‘Dry Cleaning Services’, search engines will do their best to find websites that contain that exact (or similar) content.
2) Location – When you search for ‘Pizza delivery’ there is a reason you see your local pizza places first. The location of your website is very important. (Have more than one location? )
3) Quality Keywords – Search Engines use ‘keywords’ from websites. A keyword is a word or phrase that a website has designated as the most important part of the website. Keywords for a pizza place would include: ‘Pizza’, ‘Delivery’, ‘Restaurant’ and any other specialty items or services they offer such as ‘Take and Bake’.
4) Links – Does the website point to other relevant websites (such as Social Media sites) and do other websites link to your website? These greatly helps the credibility of a website, and will help it rank higher in a search.
5) Mobile Friendly – Search Engines prefer websites that adapt well to tablets and smart phones. Since over half of all web searches happen on a mobile device, mobile Responsive websites are now being favored by all major search engines.
6) Security – As of 2017, Google will give priority to websites that use SSL security. This is an option provided by your hosting company that encrypts your data to keep you secure while browsing. SSL also makes it harder for companies to sell your data.
There are thousands of other SEO factors, but these are currently the most important.
What is S.E.M.
S.E.M. is a term that is becoming much more popular lately. It stands for Search Engine Marketing, and represents a much broader scope than S.E.O. S.E.M often includes paid advertising.